UniMaxx-Plus Small Commercial Solar Pump Station
How do I order?
- Orders can be placed online using the online ordering system. Our office will contact you to confirm your order, shipping details, and payment.
- SunMaxx Solar is a manufacturer of solar hot water equipment, availability and production lead-times vary based on our production order queue
Manufacture Direct Pricing
Please note the referenced prices online are for manufacturer direct pricing only. For wholesale & distribution inquires, please contact our office for an offer.
Want to speak with our office? Call us 1-877-786-6299
Small Commercial Solar Pump Stations
This model is perfect for DIY and professional solar hot water installations alike, and requires basic plumbing and electrical skills to install properly and quickly.
Quick Sizing Tools - Save time and energy
List of components
|1) Pressure relief valve|
|2) Pressure gauge (145 psi / 10 bar)|
|3) Ball valve with temperature gauge in the return (320°F / 160°C)|
|4) Solar pump – UNIMAXX-PLUS-SC-S30-R|
|6) Drain Valves|
|7) Ball valve with temperature gauge in the supply (320°F / 160°C)|
List of connections
|a) UniMaxx Quick Connect fittings: UNIMAXX-PLUS-SC-500-ADPT-3/4IN-CF (or 1IN-CF|
|b) Expansion tank fittings 3/4in GxNPT – XMAXX-HW-3/4IN-3/4IN-G-NPT|
Features & Benefits
- Complete, ready to install pump station
- Including valve for flow monitoring and adjustment
- Functional electric and hydraulic pressure tested
- Two pumps may be used when additional head pressure is needed
- UniMaxx Pump Skids are built with Wilo Star S30 U25 pumps
- ISES & ASES Certified
- Ideal for small commercial and large residential solar hot water and heating systems
- Larger, custom pump systems are available upon request
- Height (with insulation): 18.66 in
- Width (with insulation): 12.13 in
- Shipping Weight: 19 lbs
- Pump: WILO Star S30 U-25-180 (1/10 HP)
- Flow Meter: 1 – 10 gpm
- Piping / Components Material: Brass / Stainless Steel
- Temperature Gauges: 32-320 °F
- Permissible temperature range: 14 – 230 °F
- Pressure Gauge: 0-87 psi
- Max Current Consumption / Pump: 1.8 A
- Solar Fluid: SunMaxx inhibited propylene glycol & water mixture (No greater than 50% glycol solution)
- Ball valve with temperature gauge in the return equipped with replaceable spindle
- Pressure relief valve
- Fill valve
- Pressure gauge (87 psi / 6 bar)
- Solar pump
- Ball valve in flow meter
- Drain valve
- Flow meter
- Ball valve with temperature gauge in the supply equipped with replaceable spindle
- Required Piping Hardware
Below, the pressure drop characteristic of UNIMAXX-PLUS-SC-S30-R solar pump, which is the heart of the solar hot water pumping system, is presented:
SunMaxx’s Pump Stations are an all in one solar hot water component featuring a circulator pump, a digital controller and valves engineered to keep your system circulating the solar heat transfer fluid through the collectors and into the storage tank.
SunMaxx will size a pump station specific to your needs. No need to do the math!!!
Our pump station’s fill valve has GHT hose threads on the outside. You can easily make an adaptor using the following three fittings, which can be purchased at your local hardware store or plumbing supply.
- Schrader valve x ¼” male NPT
- Reducing Bushing, ½” NPT Male x ¼” NPT Female
- Hose fitting, ½” NPT male x ¾” swivel GHT female
Use Teflon tape on the NPT threads of the Schrader valve and bushing in constructing the adaptor. When attaching the adaptor to the pump station, be sure to use two tools: one to hold the fill valve in place, and one to tighten the adaptor. That way, you won’t create leaks in the pump station itself while testing.
Take a deep breath and let all your air out… of your Solar thermal system One of the biggest issues with a successful commissioning is air removal. Any time you spend with this detail will be time well spent. Air pockets become entrained within your HTF and like to find places to hide. Air pockets can form between your HTF and the inner wall of piping (especially with flexible piping) and can only be removed through persistence and time. Here are a few things you can do to help this process. First, be sure that your air purger is located on the high and hot side of your collector series. The hotter the fluid the less the ability for dissolved gasses to stay in solution and the higher the air vent, the more likely you will effectively remove trapped air that, due to its buoyancy, will rise to the top. Once you feel most of the air has been removed this way, you can shut that air eliminator off or remove it all together. If you install a Titan Power Plus collector, you will have a manual air bleeder permanently installed in your line set connections. If you install a ThermoPower collector, you will include an air vent that should be isolated and de-commissioned at this point. Now, down to the pump station. The UniMaxx pump stations have an integral air eliminator with a scoop that will allow entrained air to collect and be bled off manually by opening the valve up to a full turn until HTF comes out. This can be done each day for the first few days or periodically checked. Smaller systems will take much less time removing the air. Another way of enabling the removal of air is to run the pump at maximum speed during commissioning, this will help to break the friction that holds the bubbles to the inner wall thus forcing the bubble through and out. After words, you should adjust your pump speed accordingly. If air persists in your system, it will inevitably find its way to the suction side of your pump and cause cavitation and eventual pump failure. If your pump appears to be not pumping, it is likely that although it is receiving 115v, it cannot pump because of air pockets. Simply unplug your pump and manual override and give it a few minutes. Air will work its way out, pump can run and then you need to go back to the air purging steps. Please view our SunMaxx technical manual (linked) for further instruction in effective system commissioning.
Solar Pump Stations
How to Order:
If you are confident with your solar hot water heating requirements you can place your order online by clicking on the add to cart button which is located above. All orders are reviewed by our solar hot water heating department and the customers are contacted in order to ensure that you have ordered the correct merchandise for your application. In the event you have any questions our sales staff are available from 8:30AM to 5:30PM EST.
Silicon Solar Inc ships products internationally please ask your sales representative for a shipping rate to your destination.
If you have questions need help or simply feel uncomfortable placing your order online feel free to contact the product representative at 1-800-786-0329.