Expansion Tank Pressure Calculator
Please use this calculator to determine the the right expansion tank pressure
Important information about system pressures: (takes 5 min to complete)
- Minimum system pressure 20 PSI
- Maximum system pressure 29 PSI
- The optimal pressure in expansion tank is 7 PSI lower than system pressure
- The distance between expansion tank and collector don’t impact on the system pressure in closed cycle system. These systems keep set pressure.
- Average expansion tank pressure 18 PSI
Normally the factory new tank nominal pressure is different from the working one for solar collector system . For instance, the 16 gal expansion tank pre-charge pessure is 36 PSI. To maintain correct work of the whole system, you need to reduce the pressure value to this from calculator.
Have a project?
Let us help with submittal packages
Contact our technical team to get help with design build specifications on your solar thermal projects.