The science of evacuated tubes. Short introduction on how they work.
- Show All
- Evacuated Tube Collectors
- Flat Plate Collectors
- FlowMaxx Solar Hot Water Piping Systems
- Solar Thermal Certifications
- Solar Thermal Incentives
- Solar Thermal Troubleshooting
How to troubleshoot sensor reading error?Dawid PThere can be a lot of reasons which lead to problems with sensor reading error. Due to this you can follow the steps below, maybe they can help you to solve the problem: Remember to turn of the appliance form electricity, safety is the most important
- Check all wires - connection is required to correct work of sensor. If there is a loose, try to put in harder inside
- If problem vanish, your repair is completed
- If no follow the next step
- Take the multimeter tool and check the current flow of the wire. If you have some values, the sensor is fully functional
- When you still have a problem you can constant to engineering team, maybe they can help you or replace the whole device.
How can I check if my temperature sensor is working properly?Dawid PTo check the temperature sensor you can use the digital multimeter tool and check the resistance of the sensor. A simple steps which allow to check the temperature sensor:
- Turn the system off (electricity) - safety us the most important
- Open the controller box
- Check if the connection is not loose
- If loose fix the connection by pushing the sensor wire inside the terminal
- Close the controller box and check if that fixed the issue
- Check the sensor wire resistance with multimeter (turn the multimeter switch to the resistance measurement) – reading should be around 1.101 kOhm at room temperature and around 1.250 kOhm for hot water
- If readings are different sensor might need replacement
How Many Lineset Do I Need For My Solar Installation?Dawid PThe length of lineset depends on a factor like size of installation or how far is from solar collector to the solar tank. Linesets are sold in one length 82 ft. This package includes dual lineset where each have a 82 ft length. Usually this is a optimal solution for solar system. If you need a longer connection you can add an extra lineset and connect them using the stainless steel piping coupling. Remember that couplings are sell in lineset sizes and they have to fit to a right lineset.
How To Choose The Right Size Of Solar Lineset ?Dawid PIn our offer we have three sizes of dual line set in pipe diameter 5/8", 3/4" or 1". Lineset diameter depends on a size of the whole installation (number of collector or banks). For small domestic systems usually we are using 5/8" that it is the best solutions for this type. For larger system 3/4" or 1" diameter will be better to optimize the whole system. If you want to choose the right size, you can contact the engineering team. they will definitely help you to make a right decision.
Why Should I Choose The FlowMaxx Flexible Lineset?Dawid PFlexible lineset is perfect solution for solar piping system. It has a lot of advantages, which make it better from other. Flexibility - all to make connection in every directions, suitable for every surface. Easy installation form in domestic or residential systems. Insulation - Pipe is insulated, you don't have to buy extra insulation and waste time on it. Sensor wire is included in a piping system covered by insulation Every lineset has dual piping with insulation and sensor wire. Moreover it fully recommended for Solar SunMaxx system and guarantee the optimal connection to the solar collectors. In our offer there are three sizes of lineset 5/8", 3/4" and 1". For more information please contact us.
The Science of Evacuated TubesavwFm87mDz
Part 2 of this webinar series.
How to change or replace heat pipes in evacuated tube collectoravwFm87mDz
Quick video on how to replace your evacuated tube heat pipes (replace or to remove if you have issues with producing too much heat!) .
Solar Hot Water & Solar Heating IncentivesLara BThe United States Government, and most state governments within the United States have implemented credits, rebates, and incentives to help offset the costs of purchasing and installing a Solar Hot Water Heater. While the initial costs of a Solar Hot Water Heater from SunMaxx Solar are generally in the ballpark of 2 to 5 thousand dollars, these credits and other incentives generally bring the payback period of a SunMaxx Solar Hot Water Heater from between 9 and 11 years down to between 3 and 5 years, depending on specific factors. In order for these credits and incentives to be applied to a Solar Hot Water Heater the System must be tested and passed by the SRCC (Solar Rating and Certification Corporation), an independent testing organization designated, and approved by the United States Government and the separate State Governments. SunMaxx Evacuated Tube Solar Collectors are SRCC Certified, making them applicable for all State and Federal Solar Hot Water Incentives & Tax Credits. Federal Solar Tax Credit: Credit Amount: 26% (2020) Maximum Incentive: Uncapped Applies to: Solar Hot Water, PV New York State Tax Credit: Credit Amount: 25% Maximum Incentive: $5,000.00 Applies to: Solar Hot Water, PV For more information on tax credit information, visit the Tax Incentives Database.
OG-100 & OG-300 SRCC CertificationsLara BThe SunMaxx Solar Collectors and PrePackaged Kits have recently passed testing for SRCC Certification at the FSEC Institute in Florida. While SRCC Certification is not mandatory to sell, purchase or install a Solar Hot Water System, the Certification does bring several significant benefits to SunMaxx Solar Hot Water customers across the United States. These include:
- SunMaxx Collectors Qualify for all Federal Solar Incentives and Tax Credits
- SunMaxx Collectors Qualify for all State Solar Incentives and Tax Credits
- SunMaxx Collectors are Verified as Performing on par with all Leading Solar Collectors
- You can Trust the SunMaxx Name – and you do not Have to take our word for it!
- SunMaxx Collectors are Rated for use in:
- Commercial Applications
- Large Residential Applications (Hotels, Resorts, Condos, etc)
- Industrial & Agricultural Applications
- Municipal (Government) Applications
- SunMaxx Collectors Deliver Tested, Trusted Performance Everyday!