- Check the solar controller to view sensor reading
- If sensor reading is a dash this normally indicates an error
- Check if controller screen indicates error as well (if sensor errors you'll see this on screen)
- If sensor is reading very high temperature (if dark outside), its common the sensor needs to be replaced
How to troubleshoot sensor reading error?Dawid PThere can be a lot of reasons which lead to problems with sensor reading error. Due to this you can follow the steps below, maybe they can help you to solve the problem: Remember to turn of the appliance form electricity, safety is the most important
- Check all wires - connection is required to correct work of sensor. If there is a loose, try to put in harder inside
- If problem vanish, your repair is completed
- If no follow the next step
- Take the multimeter tool and check the current flow of the wire. If you have some values, the sensor is fully functional
- When you still have a problem you can constant to engineering team, maybe they can help you or replace the whole device.
How can I check if my temperature sensor is working properly?Dawid PTo check the temperature sensor you can use the digital multimeter tool and check the resistance of the sensor. A simple steps which allow to check the temperature sensor:
- Turn the system off (electricity) - safety us the most important
- Open the controller box
- Check if the connection is not loose
- If loose fix the connection by pushing the sensor wire inside the terminal
- Close the controller box and check if that fixed the issue
- Check the sensor wire resistance with multimeter (turn the multimeter switch to the resistance measurement) – reading should be around 1.101 kOhm at room temperature and around 1.250 kOhm for hot water
- If readings are different sensor might need replacement
Sensor Replacement & RepairavwFm87mDz
1.01 Is the sensor bad?
Products in Step
HT-1000 High Temp Sensor for Solar Hot Water Systems
Works with all SunMaxx Solar controllers. Compatible with most solar hot water controllers. Made in Germany.
Wire Length: 78,74 IN
Diameter: 0.21 IN
Sensor Length: 1.1 IN
SmartMaxx™ Solar Hot Water Controller for Domestic Hot Water & Space Heating with 3 Relays
Premium commercial & residential solar hot water controller Made by SunMaxx Solar in Germany.
Suitable for 95% of all solar hot water systems
Easy to program and setup (included…
1.02 Sensor replacement
- Check sensor connections at the solar controller (to make sure the wires are properly installed)
- Follow the sensor from solar controller to its location point. (check system schematic to see where the sensor is installed that is giving an error).
- Uninstall faulty sensor from collector's temperature well
- If there are existing wire connectors uninstall sensor at this place, if not cut the wire and install new sensor with scotch lock
- Connect red wires with one scotch lock and white with second one
- Reinstall sensor in collector's temperature well
- Push as far as you will feel the resistance
- Secure sensor with rubber gasket
- Secure sensor wire with M8 screw at side channel