80G StorMaxx ETEC Solar Storage Tank Stainless Steel Exterior – 2HX Stainless Steel Exterior
The 80 gallon StorMaxx ETEC Tank features a durable stainless steel exterior and comes equipped with two heat exchanger coils for efficient heating. Made with long-lasting SUS 304-2B steel, this tank is built to last. It measures 22 inches in diameter and 69 inches in height, making it a great choice for residential and commercial use.
- 80 gallon StorMaxx ETEC Tank
- Stainless Steel Tank Exterior
- 2 heat exchangers coils
- long lifetime due to SUS 304-2B Steel
- 22in x 69in (D x H)
How to order?
- Order online or contact sales team directly
- 24-hour online order confirmation
- SunMaxx Solar™: solar hot water equipment manufacturer
- Availability and production lead times subject to production queue
Experience the value and benefits of our manufacturer-direct pricing on all online listings. For wholesale and distribution inquiries, we encourage you to reach out to our office to receive a tailored offer that meets your needs.
Looking to connect with our office? Give us a call at 1-877-786-6299, and we'll be happy to assist you!
The 80G StorMaxx ETEC Solar Storage Tank is a reliable and efficient option for those seeking an 80 gallon solar water heater. The tank is constructed with a stainless steel exterior and SUS 304-2B inner material, providing high resistance to corrosion and capable of handling high pressure. Its high-pressure polyurethane foaming layer maintains the tank’s temperature efficiently and reduces heat loss, making it an excellent option for solar hot water systems.
Additionally, the tank is equipped with two bare tube stainless steel coil heat exchangers with a copper coil of 0.5 diameter tube, allowing for an efficient heat exchange system. It also includes a port for a back-up electric element, ensuring you always have hot water available. Upgrade to the 80G StorMaxx ETEC Solar Storage Tank for a safe, reliable, and efficient solar water heating solution.
StorMaxx ETEC Tank Features
- Long lifetime due to Stainless Steel SUS 304-2B
- Outer tank cover material – Galvanized Steel 0.02 ” thick
- 2 Heat Exchanger inside the tank
- Incorporated electric heater port
- 80 gallons storage tank
- 22 IN x 69 IN (DxH)
- Tank port size 3/4″
- Suitable for domestic installations
What parts & accessories do I need?
TitanPowerPlus-ALDH29 V3 Solar Flat Plate Collector
Experience advanced solar technology with the TitanPower ALDH29 V3, a flat plate solar hot water collector. Measuring around 4 x 8 ft, this German-made device is encased in an aluminum…
3/4 Dual Solar Line Set 82 ft Solar Hot Water Piping Stainless Steel
Upgrade your plumbing system with this 164 feet total pipe length (82 feet each pipe) designed with a 3/4″ flexible size. Manufactured in the EU, this product exhibits an R-Value…
3/4″ to 3/4″ Stainless Steel Piping Coupling
Ensure your solar installations are robust and hassle-free with the SunMaxx 3/4″ Solar Lineset Connector. It’s designed to facilitate easy connections while providing a durable and reliable solution for your…
Solar hot water piping adapters for 3/4 inch flexible pipe & NPT
Optimize your solar installation with the SunMaxx 3/4″ Solar Lineset to NPT Pipe Connector. This sturdy and reliable connector is designed to streamline your installation process, making it more efficient….
80G StorMaxx ETEC Solar Storage Tank Stainless Steel Exterior – 2HX Stainless Steel Exterior
The 80 gallon StorMaxx ETEC Tank features a durable stainless steel exterior and comes equipped with two heat exchanger coils for efficient heating. Made with long-lasting SUS 304-2B steel, this…
- Volume: 80 gal
- Weight: 128 lbs
- Diameter: 22 IN
- Height: 69 IN
- # of HX: 2
- Electrical heater Power (kW): 1.5
- Electrical heater Voltage: 220V~240V,50Hz
- Out tank material and thickness (in): 0.02
- Inner tank material and thickness (in): 0.06
- Heat exchanger Coil material: Stainless steel SUS300L 0.6mm Corrugated pipe
- Working pressure (psi): 58
- Temperature Range (°F): 167
- Insulation material: Polyurethane foaming layer
- Volume: 80 gallons – This is the capacity of the tank, or the amount of water it can hold.
- Weight: 128 lbs – This is the weight of the tank, which is important to consider for installation and transport.
- Diameter: 22 inches – This is the width of the tank, which is important to consider for installation.
- Height: 69 inches – This is the height of the tank, which is important to consider for installation.
- Number of Heat Exchangers: 2 – This refers to the number of heat exchangers in the tank, which are responsible for transferring heat from the solar panels to the water in the tank.
- Electrical Heater Power (kW): 1.5 – This refers to the power of the electrical heater, which is used as a backup in case there isn’t enough solar energy to heat the water.
- Electrical Heater Voltage: 220V~240V,50Hz – This is the voltage and frequency of the electrical heater.
- Outer Tank Material and Thickness (in): 0.02 – This is the material and thickness of the tank’s outer layer, which provides protection and durability.
- Inner Tank Material and Thickness (in): 0.06 – This is the material and thickness of the tank’s inner layer, which is in contact with the water and needs to resist corrosion.
- Heat Exchanger Coil Material: Stainless steel SUS300L 0.6mm Corrugated Pipe – This is the material of the heat exchanger coil, which needs to resist corrosion and efficiently transfer heat.
- Working Pressure (psi): 58 – This is the maximum pressure that the tank can withstand, which is important to consider for safety.
- Temperature Range (°F): 167 – This is the maximum temperature that the water in the tank can reach.
- Insulation Material: Polyurethane foaming layer – This is the material used to insulate the tank, which is important to reduce heat loss and maintain the water temperature.
Can you install ports in the bottom of the tanks?Dawid PInstalling the ports in the bottom parts is not recommended by SunMaxx Solar ™ . They are always installed in the top of the NP tank due to some reason. Firstly the water is filling the tank to determined level. Ports are located above the water surface - no leaking water from tank. Locating the ports in the bottom parts can cause the leaks and have to be well isolated. Moreover, parts for inslling can cost a huge amount of money. That all issues may lead to some problems, that SunMaxx Solar ™ install ports on the top locations.
How do I clean the tanks?Dawid PCleaning the tanks is a process which is simple but easily can cause some troubles. Cleaning the outer layer you can you a pressure washer - it should work. When you want to clean inner site you can also use that device. Before you start remove all the heat exchanger coils carefully, don't cut the rubber membrane. Also the pressure washer can cause some damages in the surface of it, so remember to wash it carefully. After processes place all compactness on their place.
How can you use the tank in drain back applications?Dawid PThe drain back tank are perfect solution for solar thermal system in the area where climate is challenging. That means extremely hot or cold temperatures. These tank allows all the water in the system (collector and piping) to drain into the tank reservoir. The water also protects the system form freezing and overheating. Below there is a the simplest scheme of the system with basic components.
How do I check the water level inside of the tank?Dawid PThe are a lot of different methods how can you check the water level and measure it. The simplest method is to use the wooden stick (length is greater than tank height) or line ended with some heavy weight. After that you can measure the level with measuring tape. For sure you can find some sophisticated methods but using simple one you will reduce amount of money spend on a special equipment. How can you do it in a 5 simple steps:
- Remove the top lid of the NP tank.
- Take a stick or line and put it to the tank (in both situations this items should touch the bottom lid).
- Mark a level of water and take out stick or line.
- Measure the distance with a measuring tape - you will instantly know the level of water in your tank.
- Put the top lid on the NP tank to close it.
How many heat exchangers can I fit in the tank?Dawid PThe amount of heat exchangers which can be fit in the tank mainly depends on the size of the NP tank and its increasing with the diameter of the tank. Before you buy the heat exchanger please check two parameters:
- The height of the NP tank - heat exchangers can't be higher that tank
- Maximum amount of HX which can be fit in the tank
How to connect heat exchangersDawid P
Connecting the heat exchanges depends on a customer requirements. The number of HX depends on some factors like tanks size, number of collectors and heat requirements. There are some possibilities to connect the heat exchangers. In our offer 80/80 Stacked 3/4" Corrugated Stainless Steel HX and 90 3/4" Corrugated Stainless Steel HX. Customer can connect HX in few ways. Only Solar Side, no connection in DHW side or both side connected.
DHW&Solar Side Connection - Stacked HX
Connection used in stacked HX. One of the most common type of HX connection. Requires some additional elements like HX Connection Tees. Applicable for connection HX on DHW side and Solar Side. For more accurate questions you can contact the engineering team.
Solar Side Connection - Stacked HX
Connection used in stacked HX. Requires some additional elements like HX Connection Tees. The connection type uses only the Solar Side ports. There is no heat exchanger connected with DHW Side.
DHW&SolarSide Connection - HX
Connection used in single HX. Requires some additional elements like HX Connection Coupling. Applicable for connection HX on DHW side and Solar Side. One heat exchanger is connected to solar loop, there other is connected to DHW loop. There is a possibility to add more heat exchangers on both side. In this case you will need some extra elements like HX Connection Tees.
SolarSide Connection - HX
Connection used in single HX. Requires some additional elements like HX Connection Tees. The connection type uses only the Solar Side ports. There is no heat exchanger connected with DHW Side.
Why Sunmaxx Solar tanks have no electric back up elements?Dawid PSunmaxx Solar tanks are typically used to pre-heat to an existing primary tank. This solutions has some advantages and its definitely more effective than installation the integrated heat source inside the solar tank. Pre-heating help to reduce the heat loses and price of electricity bills. The main factor of this solution is efficiency .
Can I Connect Existing Installation To The New Tank?Dawid PYes you can. But we are recommending to use dedicated parts to our installations. All products can be easily connected using the SunMaxx Solar products. Moreover they we designed to different type of connections. Changing the parts and system installation may led to some problems or improper way of working the system. If it is not enough for you , call us we will help you.
- 7 years limited on tank and coil heat exchanger
- 3 years limited on tank and coil heat exchanger in all commercial installations
Why SunMaxx Solar
Investing in a complete solar hot water kit from a single manufacturer is essential for ensuring the longevity and efficiency of your solar hot water system. A streamlined approach to sourcing components simplifies the process of installation, maintenance, and servicing.
By choosing a single manufacturer for your solar hot water kit, you can benefit from comprehensive documentation for service and maintenance. This approach helps prevent issues arising from improperly installed or maintained systems. Studies show that over 60% of solar hot water systems fail due to incorrect installation or lack of proper maintenance.
Purchasing a complete kit from one manufacturer guarantees compatibility between components and streamlined support from the provider. This ensures that you have access to knowledgeable experts who can address any concerns or questions related to your specific system. Furthermore, a single manufacturer can provide a unified warranty, eliminating the need to deal with multiple companies in case of any issues.
In summary, investing in a complete solar hot water kit from a single manufacturer is a wise decision for homeowners and businesses alike. It ensures smooth installation, proper maintenance, and reliable long-term performance, maximizing the return on your investment and providing a sustainable hot water solution.