50 Gallon Pressurized Electric Backup With 1 Heat Exchanger
- 50 gallon StorMaxx SE Tank
- 1 heat exchanger and electric element
- for 1 collector ~ 29 ft2
- for domestic hot water primarily
- 23in x 54.3in (DxH)
How do I order?
- Orders can be placed online using the online ordering system. Our office will contact you to confirm your order, shipping details, and payment.
- SunMaxx Solar is a manufacturer of solar hot water equipment, availability and production lead-times vary based on our production order queue
Manufacture Direct Pricing
Please note the referenced prices online are for manufacturer direct pricing only. For wholesale & distribution inquires, please contact our office for an offer.
Want to speak with our office? Call us 1-877-786-6299
SunMaxx StorMaxx™ SE Solar Tank water heaters, offer a cost-effective water heating alternative. These tanks include a back-up electric element, which allows for the versatility of a stand alone solar water heater, or pipe it in as a pre-heat solar system.
The StorMaxx™ SE is a durable porcelain enamel, glass-lined tank. Highly resistant to aggressive water. Not susceptible to damage due to the presence of chloride in the water. Built to last-inner tank is hand-crafted from heavy gauge steel. Longer life equals to higher return on investment. Outer jacket made from steel and powder coated for a lasting, durable finish.
StorMaxx™ SE Tank Features
- Suitable for 1 collector ~ 29 ft2 required
- Less Heat Loss up to 30 %
- Sensor tube included
- 1 Heat Exchanger inside the tank
- Designed primarily for domestic hot water
- 50 gallons storage tank
- 4500W Electric back-up Element-UL listed
- Serpentine Coil: single wall steel plate (ST 37.2)
- 23 IN x 54.3 IN (DxH)
- 1.7 IN insulation
What parts & accessories do I need?
TitanPowerPlus™-ALDH29 V3 Solar Flat Plate Collector
11pcs per pallet
Quantity discount (direct pricing)
Made in Germany by SunMaxx
Certified for solar tax credits (ITC) – OG-100
~4 x 8 ft (size), 30 sq feet.
3/4 Dual Solar Line Set 82 ft Solar Hot Water Piping Stainless Steel
82 feet (two pipes), 164 feet total pipe
3/4″ pipe size (flexible)
R Value: 4.8
Pre-insulated with UV protection layer
Thermostat wire incorporated into insulation jacket
- Volume: 50 gal
- Weight: 236 lbs
- Diameter: 23 IN
- Height: 54.3 IN
- # of HX: 1
- Insulation: 1.7 IN
- Working pressure 150 psi
- Max working Temperature: 203 °F
- 4500W Electric back-up Element-UL listed
- Factory installed temperature and pressure valve-CSA listed
- Factory installed brass drain valve-accessible, tamper-proof
- 2″ Non-CFC foam insulation-decreases standby heat loss
- 1-1/2″ coil diameter-larger diameter, results in higher recovery and less pressure drop through the coil, smooth surface on coil resists lime build up
- Sediment reduction inlet-available on the SE-80 and SE-119. Reduces sediment buildup on the tank bottom, increasing operating efficiencies and tank life
- Two magnesium anode rods-inhibit corrosion and maximize tank life. Electrolysis attacks the anode rods, not the tank
- Factory installed dielectric nipples on boiler connections-provides greater insulating protection
- Warm Water Port Size: 3/4” NPT M
- Cold Water Port Size: 3/4” NPT M
- Safety Valve Connection: 3/4” NPT F
- Drain Valve Connection: 3/4” NPT F
Can I Connect Existing Installation To The New Tank?Dawid PYes you can. But we are recommending to use dedicated parts to our installations. All products can be easily connected using the SunMaxx Solar products. Moreover they we designed to different type of connections. Changing the parts and system installation may led to some problems or improper way of working the system. If it is not enough for you , call us we will help you.
What Part Are Needed To Built A Whole System?Dawid POptional parts are highlighted in each product sections on product site. Buying a tank is a piece of whole installation, there a some products like piping system, connection between them and collectors. The size of this elements should be chosen in a right way, suitable to installation and customer requirements. Number of additional parts depends on a size of installation and type of building. If you have more direct questions, don't hesitate to contact us. The engineering team definitely helps you.
What Are The Differences Between Storage Tanks?Dawid P
The StorMaxx Series include four types of solar tanks, which area designed for all working area form small to huge installations.
Small solar tank designed for residential systems suitable max. for 3 collectors. Every tank include additional electric heater (4500 W), which can be used to heating a water if its needed. These tank have long life, so the will be higher return in investments.
Solar tank suitable for combined systems (6 ports for supply , stratification and re-circulation). The tank has an easy installation process and removable insulation in order to fit in a 32 inch entry ways. In this tank it is possible to apply up to 3 heat exchangers. Suitable for large residential installation or small commercial installation.
Solar tank are suitable for storage of hot water without contamination and has long-life time due to special material SUS 316L inner material. It also has a excellent thermal performance and there is a possibility to add an incorporated electric heater.
Commercial/Industrial Solar Hot Water tanks which can be used in huge installations (volume 50-5000 G). The heat exchanger is not included - bought separately. Tanks are made in the USA and there is a possibility to add up to 12 heat exchangers. These tanks can store large amount of solar energy at low temperatures, which reduce costs and improve the overall performance of the system.
What Are The Volume Of The Tanks ?Dawid PThe volume of storage tanks depends on type of tank. Every tank is different and has own advantage in specific area (domestic, commercial, industrial). In our offer you can find small tank for domestic usage to the huge tanks which can be used for industrial projects. Standard store tank volume depending of the number of people:
- for 2-4 people - 80 Gallons
- for 3-6 people - 120 Gallons
How Should I Determine The Right Size Of Solar Tank?Dawid PThere are some variables which determine the right size of solar tank:
- Annual Heating Costs
- Number Of Collectors Installed
- Water Consumption Daily/ Weekly/ Monthly
- Required Water Temperature
- Space Availability
It Is Possible To Add A Electric Heater?Dawid PIn our offer there are two series StorMaxx SE and StorMaxx ETEC, which have an possibility to provide additional heat form electric heat exchanger. These solutions are used in situation, when the water temperature is under the expectations. This system helps solar system to heat water inside the tank using the electric power.
How Much Space Do I Need To Install The Solar Tank?Dawid PThe dimensions depends on a type/model of the tank. Before you start, check on the website the dimensions of tank which you choose. Every parameter is included (diameter, height ) in the tank features and also in the specification. These dimension can help you to check/measure the space availability for your new tank.
How Much Weight Should Surface Resist/Weight Of Solar Tank?Dawid PThe weight of tank depends on a size/volume of product. These information are included in datasheets and on every product size. Remember that weight is without water inside the tank, so you will have to add some extra weight. Tank should stand on a flat concrete surface and can be connected to the ground using seismic anchor kit. The concrete pad should be 6" thick made with concrete minimum strength of 3000 PSI. Also you can installed tank on another surface, but it should resist weight of a whole system and has a optimal strength like a concrete.
- Steel (no.: 6837)
- Standard: DIN EN 10120
- Steel Quality: P245NB
- Internal Coating: double enameling (heated at 1580F) (vitrified steel)
- 7 years limited on tank and coil heat exchanger
- 3 years limited on tank and coil heat exchanger in all commercial installations