80 Gallon StorMaxx™ ETEC Solar Hot Water Storage Tank – 2HX
The tank specifications include a volume of 80 gallons, weight of 175 pounds, diameter of 22.5 inches, height of 69 inches, and two heat exchangers. The technical features comprise an outer tank material and thickness of 0.016 inches, inner tank material and thickness of 0.06 inches, heat exchanger coil material of stainless steel SUS316L 0.4mm corrugated pipe, a working pressure of 58 psi, temperature range of up to 167°F, polyurethane insulation material, a 1-inch diameter additional electric element port, and the electric element is not included.
How to order?
- Order online or contact sales team directly
- 24-hour online order confirmation
- SunMaxx Solar™: solar hot water equipment manufacturer
- Availability and production lead times subject to production queue
Experience the value and benefits of our manufacturer-direct pricing on all online listings. For wholesale and distribution inquiries, we encourage you to reach out to our office to receive a tailored offer that meets your needs.
Looking to connect with our office? Give us a call at 1-877-786-6299, and we'll be happy to assist you!
Are you looking to save energy costs and reduce your environmental footprint? Look no further than the StorMaxx™ ETEC solar tank! This 80 gallon tank is ideal for storing hot water without any contamination. The inner material is made of durable stainless steel, SUS 316L, ensuring long-lasting performance. You won’t have to worry about losing heat quickly due to the thick polyurethane insulation.
The tank also includes two bare tube steel coil heat exchangers for optimal heat exchange. The copper coil is made of .6in diameter tubes and an electric element can be added to the 1in port. So you can enjoy uninterrupted hot water all year round. What’s more, you can trust this tank to help reduce your energy costs and lower your environmental impact.
Don’t settle for anything less than the StorMaxx™ ETEC solar tank! This 80 gallon tank stands out for its high quality materials, outstanding thermal performance, and eco-friendly design. Shop with confidence, knowing you’re getting one of the best solar hot water storage tanks available!
StorMaxx™ ETEC Tank Features
- Long lifetime due to Stainless Steel SUS 316L
- 2 Heat Exchanger inside the tank
- Excellent thermal performance
- 80 gallons storage tank
- 22.5 IN x 69 IN (DxH)
- Suitable for domestic installations
What parts & accessories do I need?
TitanPowerPlus-ALDH29 V3 Solar Flat Plate Collector
Experience advanced solar technology with the TitanPower ALDH29 V3, a flat plate solar hot water collector. Measuring around 4 x 8 ft, this German-made device is encased in an aluminum…
3/4 Dual Solar Line Set 82 ft Solar Hot Water Piping Stainless Steel
Upgrade your plumbing system with this 164 feet total pipe length (82 feet each pipe) designed with a 3/4″ flexible size. Manufactured in the EU, this product exhibits an R-Value…
3/4″ to 3/4″ Stainless Steel Piping Coupling
Ensure your solar installations are robust and hassle-free with the SunMaxx 3/4″ Solar Lineset Connector. It’s designed to facilitate easy connections while providing a durable and reliable solution for your…
Solar hot water piping adapters for 3/4 inch flexible pipe & NPT
Optimize your solar installation with the SunMaxx 3/4″ Solar Lineset to NPT Pipe Connector. This sturdy and reliable connector is designed to streamline your installation process, making it more efficient….
80 Gallon StorMaxx™ ETEC Solar Hot Water Storage Tank – 2HX
The tank specifications include a volume of 80 gallons, weight of 175 pounds, diameter of 22.5 inches, height of 69 inches, and two heat exchangers. The technical features comprise an…
Here are the specifications:
1. Volume: 80 gallons
2. Weight: 175 pounds
3. Diameter: 22.5 inches
4. Height: 69 inches
5. Number of Heat Exchangers: 2
And the technical features:
1. Outer Tank Material and Thickness: 0.016 inches
2. Inner Tank Material and Thickness: 0.06 inches
3. Heat Exchanger Coil Material: Stainless steel SUS316L 0.4mm Corrugated pipe
4. Working Pressure: 58 psi
5. Temperature Range: 167°F
6. Insulation Material: Polyurethane
7. Additional Electric Element Port Diameter: 1 inch
8. Electric Element: Not included
We’ll now attempt to unpack and explain each of these specifications in layman’s terms for easier understanding.
1. Volume (80 gallons): This refers to the total amount of liquid that the tank can hold, which in this case is 80 gallons.
2. Weight (175 pounds): This is the weight of the tank when it is empty. It’s essential to consider the weight of the tank for transport and installation purposes.
3. Diameter (22.5 inches) & Height (69 inches): These dimensions describe the physical size of the tank. The diameter is the measurement across the tank at its widest point, and the height is how tall the tank is.
4. Number of Heat Exchangers (2): Heat exchangers are components inside the tank that allow heat to be transferred from one medium to another. This tank has two of them.
5. Outer Tank Material and Thickness (0.016 inches) & Inner Tank Material and Thickness (0.06 inches): These specifications describe the materials used to construct the tank and their thickness. A thicker material typically results in a stronger, more durable tank.
6. Heat Exchanger Coil Material (Stainless steel SUS316L 0.4mm Corrugated pipe): This describes the material and type of pipe used in the heat exchangers. The use of stainless steel indicates a durable and corrosion-resistant material.
7. Working Pressure (58 psi): This refers to the maximum amount of pressure the tank can safely handle when it’s operating.
8. Temperature Range (167°F): This is the maximum temperature that the tank can handle.
9. Insulation Material (Polyurethane): This is the material used to insulate the tank, keeping the heat in and maintaining the temperature of the liquid inside.
10. Additional Electric Element Port Diameter (1 inch): This is the size of the opening where an additional electric element could be installed. However, please note that the electric element is not included with this tank.
Can you install ports in the bottom of the tanks?Dawid PInstalling the ports in the bottom parts is not recommended by SunMaxx Solar ™ . They are always installed in the top of the NP tank due to some reason. Firstly the water is filling the tank to determined level. Ports are located above the water surface - no leaking water from tank. Locating the ports in the bottom parts can cause the leaks and have to be well isolated. Moreover, parts for inslling can cost a huge amount of money. That all issues may lead to some problems, that SunMaxx Solar ™ install ports on the top locations.
How do I clean the tanks?Dawid PCleaning the tanks is a process which is simple but easily can cause some troubles. Cleaning the outer layer you can you a pressure washer - it should work. When you want to clean inner site you can also use that device. Before you start remove all the heat exchanger coils carefully, don't cut the rubber membrane. Also the pressure washer can cause some damages in the surface of it, so remember to wash it carefully. After processes place all compactness on their place.
How can you use the tank in drain back applications?Dawid PThe drain back tank are perfect solution for solar thermal system in the area where climate is challenging. That means extremely hot or cold temperatures. These tank allows all the water in the system (collector and piping) to drain into the tank reservoir. The water also protects the system form freezing and overheating. Below there is a the simplest scheme of the system with basic components.
How do I check the water level inside of the tank?Dawid PThe are a lot of different methods how can you check the water level and measure it. The simplest method is to use the wooden stick (length is greater than tank height) or line ended with some heavy weight. After that you can measure the level with measuring tape. For sure you can find some sophisticated methods but using simple one you will reduce amount of money spend on a special equipment. How can you do it in a 5 simple steps:
- Remove the top lid of the NP tank.
- Take a stick or line and put it to the tank (in both situations this items should touch the bottom lid).
- Mark a level of water and take out stick or line.
- Measure the distance with a measuring tape - you will instantly know the level of water in your tank.
- Put the top lid on the NP tank to close it.
How many heat exchangers can I fit in the tank?Dawid PThe amount of heat exchangers which can be fit in the tank mainly depends on the size of the NP tank and its increasing with the diameter of the tank. Before you buy the heat exchanger please check two parameters:
- The height of the NP tank - heat exchangers can't be higher that tank
- Maximum amount of HX which can be fit in the tank
How to connect heat exchangersDawid P
Connecting the heat exchanges depends on a customer requirements. The number of HX depends on some factors like tanks size, number of collectors and heat requirements. There are some possibilities to connect the heat exchangers. In our offer 80/80 Stacked 3/4" Corrugated Stainless Steel HX and 90 3/4" Corrugated Stainless Steel HX. Customer can connect HX in few ways. Only Solar Side, no connection in DHW side or both side connected.
DHW&Solar Side Connection - Stacked HX
Connection used in stacked HX. One of the most common type of HX connection. Requires some additional elements like HX Connection Tees. Applicable for connection HX on DHW side and Solar Side. For more accurate questions you can contact the engineering team.
Solar Side Connection - Stacked HX
Connection used in stacked HX. Requires some additional elements like HX Connection Tees. The connection type uses only the Solar Side ports. There is no heat exchanger connected with DHW Side.
DHW&SolarSide Connection - HX
Connection used in single HX. Requires some additional elements like HX Connection Coupling. Applicable for connection HX on DHW side and Solar Side. One heat exchanger is connected to solar loop, there other is connected to DHW loop. There is a possibility to add more heat exchangers on both side. In this case you will need some extra elements like HX Connection Tees.
SolarSide Connection - HX
Connection used in single HX. Requires some additional elements like HX Connection Tees. The connection type uses only the Solar Side ports. There is no heat exchanger connected with DHW Side.
Why Sunmaxx Solar tanks have no electric back up elements?Dawid PSunmaxx Solar tanks are typically used to pre-heat to an existing primary tank. This solutions has some advantages and its definitely more effective than installation the integrated heat source inside the solar tank. Pre-heating help to reduce the heat loses and price of electricity bills. The main factor of this solution is efficiency .
Can I Connect Existing Installation To The New Tank?Dawid PYes you can. But we are recommending to use dedicated parts to our installations. All products can be easily connected using the SunMaxx Solar products. Moreover they we designed to different type of connections. Changing the parts and system installation may led to some problems or improper way of working the system. If it is not enough for you , call us we will help you.
- 7 years limited on tank and coil heat exchanger
- 3 years limited on tank and coil heat exchanger in all commercial installations
The 80G StorMaxx™ ETEC Solar Storage Tank – 2HX is the perfect hot water solution for your home or business. Our high-quality solar hot water storage tank offers industry leading features such as superior extra-thick stainless steel construction, double-walled insulation to keep heat in, and a large 80-gallon capacity. Supporting up to 4 solar collectors, our tank is ideal for larger households that demand a lot of hot water. With a corrosion-resistant enamel coating, the tank is built to last and pass any quality assurance test. This heavy-duty solar storage tank also includes a temperature gauge and safety valves for added peace of mind. Upgrade to the StorMaxx™ ETEC tank today to experience the advantages of solar hot water.
Why SunMaxx Solar
Investing in a complete solar hot water kit from a single manufacturer is essential for ensuring the longevity and efficiency of your solar hot water system. A streamlined approach to sourcing components simplifies the process of installation, maintenance, and servicing.
By choosing a single manufacturer for your solar hot water kit, you can benefit from comprehensive documentation for service and maintenance. This approach helps prevent issues arising from improperly installed or maintained systems. Studies show that over 60% of solar hot water systems fail due to incorrect installation or lack of proper maintenance.
Purchasing a complete kit from one manufacturer guarantees compatibility between components and streamlined support from the provider. This ensures that you have access to knowledgeable experts who can address any concerns or questions related to your specific system. Furthermore, a single manufacturer can provide a unified warranty, eliminating the need to deal with multiple companies in case of any issues.
In summary, investing in a complete solar hot water kit from a single manufacturer is a wise decision for homeowners and businesses alike. It ensures smooth installation, proper maintenance, and reliable long-term performance, maximizing the return on your investment and providing a sustainable hot water solution.