150 Gallon Non-pressurized Buffer Tank
- 150 Gallon Commercial Solar Hot Water Storage Tank
- 36in x 48 in (DxH)
- max 1 heat exchanger
- HX to buy separately
- folded construction – can be carried through a standard 32″ door
Thanks include water fill port at the top of the tank (1″)
- perfect for Large Domestic Hot Water Preheating and for small radiant/space heating applications for residential commercial and municipal locations.
- Made in USA
How do I order?
- Orders can be placed online using the online ordering system. Our office will contact you to confirm your order, shipping details, and payment.
- SunMaxx Solar is a manufacturer of solar hot water equipment, availability and production lead-times vary based on our production order queue
Manufacture Direct Pricing
Please note the referenced prices online are for manufacturer direct pricing only. For wholesale & distribution inquires, please contact our office for an offer.
Want to speak with our office? Call us 1-877-786-6299
The Non-pressurized Commercial Solar Hot Water Storage Tanks are perfect for Large Domestic Hot Water Preheating applications and can be used for small radiant/space heating applications for residential commercial and municipal locations.
Due to their special construction and design these Commercial Solar Hot Water Storage Tanks are able to be shipped within a crate that is only 18 inches wide allowing them to be easily delivered to and maneuvered around almost any work site – simple on site tank assembly is required.
Commercial Solar Hot Water Storage Tanks are available with a number of internal copper coil heat exchangers designed to meet the needs of nearly any solar water heating application need to be bought separately!
If you have questions need help or simply feel uncomfortable placing your order online feel free to contact the product representative at 1-800-786-0329.
StorMaxx NP Tank Features
- Suitable up to 3 collectors ~ 87 ft2 required
- Max 1 heat exchanger inside the tank
- Standard sensor ports for all tanks – see in tech. specification
- Solar & Ice Storage Buffer Tank
- Perfect for Large DHW Preheating and for small radiant/space heating
- Foldable design, easy to transport and move through standard 32″ doors
- Possibility to designate port locations for the manufacture of your tank
- Water fill port at the top of the tank (1″) included
- Tanks made in USA
- Heat engagers made in USA
What parts & accessories do I need?
TitanPower-ALDH29 V3 Solar Flat Plate Collector
11pcs per pallet
Quantity discount (direct pricing)
Made in Germany by SunMaxx
Certified for solar tax credits (ITC) – OG-100
~4 x 8 ft (size), 30 sq feet.
ThermoPower 20 Tube Evacuated Tube Collector
10 Year SunMaxx Warranty
1″ NPT Connections
Manufactured since 2006
30 Tube Evacuated Tube
Drainback or Closed Loop System
3/4 Dual Solar Line Set 82 ft Solar Hot Water Piping Stainless Steel
82 feet (two pipes), 164 feet total pipe
3/4″ pipe size (flexible)
R Value: 4.8
Pre-insulated with UV protection layer
Thermostat wire incorporated into insulation jacket
StorMaxx NP Port Location Guide
Please use the information below to complete the diagram. StorMaxx NP Port Location Worksheet can be downloaded in Downloads & Datasheet section down below the page.
The image on right represents three diagrams of an NP tank. You will be writing on the EXTERNAL TANK SURFACE diagram to designate port locations for the manufacture of your tank. Please use the information below to complete the diagram.
Sensor ports are standard on all tanks. All 4’ tall tanks get 2 sensor ports, one 2” below the water level, and one 2” above the water base. All tanks taller than 4’ get a third sensor port centered between the other two. Sensor ports are placed near requested piping ports unless otherwise specified.
You must choose the ports you want installed in the tank and specify their locations. Above water level pass-throughs should be placed on the blue line. Available ports are listed in the chart below. On the EXTERNAL TANK SURFACE diagram, draw a circle where you want each port, and write the letter code from the chart below in the circle designating the port type. If you want your below water level ports at specific heights, write the measurements on the diagram.
Above Water Level Ports
Available PVC Pass-Throughs
|Code||Diameter (in)||Suitable for:|
|B||1-1/4||1" copper, 3/4" SS flex|
|C||1-1/2||1-1/4" copper, 1" SS flex|
- Max Temperature: 180 °F
- Construction: Round, 0.032 embossed aluminum
- Construction: Round, 0.032 embossed aluminum
- Wall Material: EPDM Liner
- Cover sheet: Aluminum 3003 H254
- Insulation Material: Rigid R14 isocyanurate foam
- Sealant: RTV silicone
- Tank Sizes: 150 – 5000 gal
For the technical details please see the StorMaxx data sheet in Downloads & Datasheet section.
- Suitable for installation in Category E; For engineering calculations, please contact our engineering team for consulting services.
- Seismic Cleats allow for installation of tanks in seismic zones
- For HX Sizing: Please contact SunMaxx engineering for proper sizing.
- Folded construction: tanks fit easily through standard doorways and other openings
- Both tanks and heat exchangers are made in USA
- 7 years limited on tank and coil heat exchanger
- 3 years limited on tank and coil heat exchanger in all commercial installations